CityTech Solutions, A Division of Charles Abbott Associates (“CAA”)
ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE
CityTech Solutions (“CTS”) has developed this Privacy Notice out of respect for the privacy of our customers and visitors to our website and municipal customer portals. This Notice describes the personally identifying information we collect, use, process, share and disclose about individual consumers who visit or interact with this website, our CityTech Apps, or any of our CTS municipal customer portals; visit our office locations; purchase or inquire about any of our products or services by email or via our customer service line; or otherwise interact or do business with CTS. This Notice applies only to natural persons; it does not apply to any entities (whether business, non-profit or governmental).
Whenever you visit our website, municipal customer portals or utilize our CityTech Apps, we will collect some personal information from you automatically simply by you visiting and navigating through our website, any municipal customer portal or by using one of our CityTech Apps. CTS also collects some personally identifying information voluntarily, when you submit information using a form on the website, register or otherwise set up a customer account, request information online, contact us via email or use any of the other interactive portions of our website, municipal customer portal or apps. Through this website, municipal customer portals or our apps, we will collect information that can identify you and/or your activity.
And whenever you communicate, interact or do business with us, whether online, at our office locations or via email or our customer service line, we will be collecting personally identifying information from you or about you in the course of our interaction or dealings with you.
COLLECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
CTS collects the following Categories of Personally Identifying Information about you based on your specific transactions and interactions with either CTS directly, its CityTech Solutions website, CityTech Apps or CTS municipal customer portals.
For each category of information collected, examples of the types of pieces of data collected are listed in the adjacent column. For each data category, the kinds of third parties with whom we have shared the information in the last 12 months, are referenced by a letter in the third column. That letter coincides with a list of 3rd parties set forth below under the “Sharing and Usage of Personally Identifying Information” subsection of this Notice. Use that list below to determine which 3rd party applies.
|Shared in Last 12 Months With
|Personal Identifiers & Contact Information
|Real name; alias; postal home and/or business address; email address; telephone number; transaction ID Number; and Internet Protocol address.
|A, B, C, D
|Commercial Transactional Data
|Records of products or services purchased and provided; purchasing and/or transaction history; invoices and/or receipts.
|A, B, C
|Surveillance footage on Company property; Voicemail recordings left on our customer service line.
|Date and time of your visit to our website or any CTS municipal customer portal; links clicked on our website or municipal customer portal; browser ID; browser type; device ID; operating system; form information downloaded; domain name from which our site was accessed and cookie ID’s.
|Full Internet Protocol address; GPS coordinates or other Geolocation data such as addresses and APN’s.
|Mobile Device Data
|Information collected when you navigate, access or use our website, municipal customer portal or our CityTech apps via mobile device, including device type or software type.
|Professional or employment – related information including, company or business name; job title and professional licensing information.
|A, B, C
|Based on analysis of your login activity online, we collect User Data that solely identifies you as either an individual user or government municipal user.
|A, B, C
CTS Can Collect Your Personally Identifying Information From the Following Sources:
- You the consumer, when you visit our website and voluntarily submit information through forms on the website, any of our municipal customer portals, our CityTech Apps, contact our customer service line, contact us via email, or when you visit our physical offices or otherwise purchase or inquire about any of our products or services.
- We utilize cookies to automatically collect information about our website and municipal customer portal visitors.
- Otherwise legally and publicly accessible data sources.
- Surveillance cameras at our physical locations.
CTS does NOT collect or store dates of birth, social security numbers or financial or credit card account numbers.
SHARING AND USAGE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
CTS Shares or Otherwise Provides Access to Your Personally Identifying Information With the Following Categories of Service Providers or 3rd Parties, Depending on Your Transactions or Interactions with CTS:
- Government agencies, including local, state or federal.
- Data collection agencies pursuant to official Freedom of Information Act requests or requests under similar state or local laws.
- Transaction support vendors (e.g., credit card payment processors and eSignature platforms).
- Third-Party SaaS based platforms such as Google Services, HotJar or MailChimp.
CityTech Solutions Can Use Your Personally Identifying Information and Share or Otherwise Provide Access to it with Various Service Providers and 3rd Parties, for the Following Business Purposes:
- To process and complete customer transactions. For example, our customers will be directed to a separate, PCI verified credit card payment window to complete a payment transaction and/or to a secured eSignature platform to sign a document. CTS cannot view or access any credit card information or signature window.
- To maintain and provide customer and project information as applicable. For example, we store specific customer and project information such as work permits or enforcement cases on secured on-site or cloud-based servers. Such customer and project information is also shared with government agencies for example, when a customer applies for a municipal building permit the application details will be forwarded to the appropriate agency for processing.
- To comply with Public Records Request Acts or other FOIA requests. For example, we may share customer and project information that may implicate violations of environmental regulations.
- To maintain records of customer transactions (such as invoices) within our secured on-site or cloud-based server.
- To maintain records of when customers decline or otherwise cancel a service or transaction within our secured on-site or cloud-based server.
- To maintain customer email addresses for notification purposes. For example, we store email addresses so we can notify customers when a document is ready to be signed.
- To respond to consumer inquiries, including requests for information, customer support online, phone calls and in-person inquiries at our office locations.
- We may use your personal information for marketing our services and products.
- We will retain your selection for Subscribe/Unsubscribe to ensure that customers who unsubscribed are not sent any unwanted marketing emails and/or to confirm specific email preferences.
- To improve user experience and resolve technical problems experienced on our website, municipal customer portals and/or CityTech Apps. For example, we use behavior analytic software to understand how our customers interact with each website page. One example is the use of HotJar tools, which helps us identify issues you may be having while navigating our website. The data is only accessible by us for technical and business purposes.
- To determine during user log-in whether our users are private individuals or municipal customers for client account management purposes.
- To provide precise geolocation information while using our CityTech Apps. Specifically, our CityTech Apps are designed for mobile device use and connect with Google Services to identify GPS coordinates, APN’s or specific location addresses for the Apps’ functionality on both IOS devices and via a browser for Android devices.
- To detect security incidents, unusual web traffic or other cyber-related abnormalities.
- To debug, identify, and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our website and Apps.
- To protect against malicious or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible.
- To verify and respond to consumer requests.
- To prevent identity theft or other unauthorized use of our website, portals or apps.
- For internal analytical and product research purposes, such as the development of new and improved CityTech Apps.
SALE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
CityTech Solutions does NOT and will not sell your personally identifying information in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. CTS has NOT sold any of your personally identifying information in the last 12 (twelve) months. CTS only shares your personally identifying information for core business functions as described above. CTS also does NOT use or allow advertising on its website, municipal customer portals or on its CityTech Apps.
3rd Party Vendors
CTS may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf as described above, under the “Sharing and Usage of Personally Identifiable Information” section. Examples include processing payment services and providing App functions. Such parties only have access to the personally identifying information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose. Subscribers or site visitors will never receive unsolicited email messages from vendors working on our behalf.
In the event CTS sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of CTS are acquired, consumer information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
Compliance with Judicial Bodies, Law Enforcement or Regulatory Agencies
CTS may disclose specific personally identifying information based on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of our website, municipal customer portals or CityTech Apps, the site/app itself, or the public.
CityTech Solution’s COOKIE AND TRACKING NOTICE
- Provide you with services available through the website, customer portals and Apps and to enable you to use some of its features
- Authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts
- Compile data about website traffic and how users use the website, customer portal or App to offer a better website experience
- Understand and save visitor preferences for future visits, such as remembering your login details or shopping cart, to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set if they do not want web services to collect information about their online activity. However, there is currently no universal standard for sending and receiving DNT signals. Due to this lack of universal standard, it would be impossible for us to promise that we comply with all known and unknown DNT standards.
Therefore, we do not respond to DNT signals or other mechanisms that provide a choice regarding the collection of personally identifying information about activities over time and across different Web sites or online services. If a universal standard for DNT becomes available, we may revisit our DNT Notice.
Our website, customer portals and apps contain links or other access to external processors of other sites. CTS is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such outside websites. To help ensure the protection of your privacy, we recommend that you review the privacy Notice of any site you visit via a link or other access from our website.
The personal data record created through your registration with our website or municipal customer portals can only be accessed with the unique password associated with that record. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties. Please see our Terms and Conditions Notice for more information at https://citytechsolutions.com/terms-conditions/ .
Children Under the Age of 18
Our website, customer portals and apps are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personally identifying information on the website, customer portals or apps. We do not knowingly collect personally identifying information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our website, customer portals or apps. If we learn we have collected or received personally identifying information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com or contact our customer service line at 1-800-605-3980.
How We Protect the Information That We Collect
The protection of the information that we collect about visitors to this website is of the utmost importance to us and we take every reasonable measure to ensure that protection, including:
- We keep automatically collected data and voluntarily collected data separate at all times, to the best of our abilities.
- We do NOT store any personally identifiable information except for limited contact information such as name and emails or customer transaction records for core business functions only.
- We use commercially reasonable tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems.
- We restrict access to private information to those who need such access in the course of their duties for us.
Your Rights as a California Consumer:
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we identify to you (1) the categories of personally identifying information we have collected, disclosed or sold about you in the last 12 months, (2) the categories of sources from which the personally identifying information was collected, (3) the business purpose for which we use this information, and (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share or have shared your personally identifying information in the last 12 months;
- Right to Access. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we provide you access to or disclose to you, free of charge, the specific pieces of personally identifying information we have collected about you in the last 12 months;
- Right to Delete. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we delete personally identifying information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- Right to Opt-Out. The right to opt-out of the sale of your personally identifying information to third parties;
- The right to designate an authorized agent to submit one of the above requests on your behalf. See below for how you can designate an authorized agent; and
- The right to not be discriminated against in receiving different or less favorable pricing, service or financial incentive for exercising any of the above rights.
You Can Submit Any of the Above 4 types of Consumer Requests By Any of the Options Below:
- Call CTS customer service toll-free at 1-800-605-3980 for assistance and a CTS representative will assist in meeting your needs.
- Email CTS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Will Verify That It Is Really You Submitting The Request
If you are a California resident, when you submit a Right to Know, Right to Access, or Right to Delete consumer request through one of the methods provided above, we will ask you to provide some information in order to verify your identity and respond to your request. Specifically, we will ask you to verify information that can be used to link your identity to particular records in our possession, which depends on the nature of your relationship and interaction with us.
Responding to Your Right to Know, Right to Access, and Right to Delete Requests
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request from California residents within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days or 90 days total from the date we receive your request), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Responding to Your Consumer Request to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personally Identifying Information
As set forth above, CityTech Solutions does NOT and will not sell your personally identifying information in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. CTS has NOT sold any of your personally identifying information in the last 12 (twelve) months. CTS only shares your personally identifying information for core business functions as described above.
However, we understand that you may still be concerned about your data privacy. If so, please reach out to us through one of the following methods regarding your privacy concerns:
- Call CTS customer service toll-free at 1-800-605-3980 for assistance and a CTS representative will assist in meeting your needs.
- Email CTS at email@example.com.
If You Have an Authorized Agent
If you are a California resident, you can authorize someone else as an Authorized Agent who can submit a consumer request on your behalf. To do so, you must either (a) execute a valid, verifiable, and notarized Power of Attorney or (b) provide other written authorization that we can then verify. When we receive a consumer request submitted on your behalf by an Authorized Agent, that person will be asked to provide written proof that they have your permission to act on your behalf, and we will also contact you and ask you for information to verify your own identity directly with us and not through your Authorized Agent.
CTS does not target, market to, or offer its products or services to consumers outside of the United States. You agree not to submit your personally identifiable information through the website if you reside outside the United States. If you reside in the European Economic Area, European Union, Great Britain, or Switzerland, submitted personally identifiable information to the Company, and want to request a copy of, correct, delete, or limit the ways the Company uses the information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your request. The Company will use reasonable and appropriate measures to honor your request.
Consent to Terms and Conditions
By using this website, you consent to all terms and conditions expressed in this Privacy Notice and in our separate Terms and Conditions Notice at https://citytechsolutions.com/terms-conditions/.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
As our services evolve and we perceive the need or desirability of using information collected in other ways, we may from time to time amend this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to check our website frequently to see the current Privacy Notice in effect and any changes that may have been made to them. If we make material changes to this Notice, we will post the revised Notice and the revised effective date on this website. Please check back here periodically or contact us at the address listed at the end of this Notice.
Consumers With Disabilities
This Notice is in a form that is accessible to consumers with disabilities.
Questions About the Notice
This website and all CTS municipal customer portals and CTS apps are owned and operated by CityTech Solutions, a Division of Charles Abbott Associates. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, email us at email@example.com, or call 1-800-605-3980.
**This Notice was last updated September 23, 2022.